Let’s inspire our kids to be the change we want to see in the world.
GivingTuesday began in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. In 12 years, this idea has grown into a global movement and inspires millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity in all forms.
It's easy to help your students participate. PLUS! We'll send your group cool participation badges so the kids can share their generosity and inspire others.
Join us for GivingTuesday on November 28!
QUICK START GUIDE:
1) Discuss with your students what social issues matter most to them. There are a number of causes featured on Unite for Change. For younger kids, the conversation can be about fairness and things they care about (animals, their family, the right to play, homelessness, etc.).
2) Invite your students to develop their own class or individual projects. These can range from a food or clothing drive, to acts of kindness, to advocacy work. Get inspiration from our Ideas page.
3) Register your project here (2min to complete) and we'll send your group "It's Cool To Be Kind" participation badges. Open to residents of Canada.
4) Take photos and short videos of your project in action and share on social media using #GivingTuesdayCa
5) Have your students reflect on their generosity initiative. How did it feel to help others? Do you feel like you had an impact?
There are discussion guides, curriculum, and worksheets at GivingTuesdaySpark.org.
Note: Sharing on social media is optional, we respect children's privacy. Doing the project and learning how amazing it feels to give, is the more important part!
WHAT IS GIVINGTUESDAY? FAST FACTS
- GivingTuesday started in 2012 as a day for anyone, anywhere to give, and it's grown into the biggest giving movement in the world.
- GivingTuesday follows Black Friday and Cyber Monday. The idea is to put aside consumerism and give back to those in need and build stronger communities through generosity.
- The goal is to create a massive wave of generosity that lasts well beyond that day, and touches every person on the planet.
- GivingTuesday is celebrated on November 28, 2023 this year, in over 90 countries.